Open Records Requests

The Public Information Act

Texas Government Code, Chapter 552 gives you the right to access government records; and an officer for public information and the officer’s agent may not ask why you want them. All government information is presumed to be available to the public. Certain exceptions may apply to the disclosure of the information. Governmental bodies shall promptly release requested information that is not confidential by law, either constitutional, statutory, or by judicial decision, or information for which an exception to disclosure has not been sought.

Procedures To Request Information

  • Submit a request by mail, email or in person according to a governmental body’s reasonable procedures.
  • Include enough description and detail about the information requested to enable the governmental body to accurately identify and locate the information requested.
  • Cooperate with the governmental body’s reasonable efforts to clarify the type or amount of information requested.

Fill out the attached form and send to:

  • By email to
  • By mail or in person: 728 Savannah Boulevard, Savannah, Tx 76227. Attn: Custodian Of Records

All requests for information will be completed within 10 business days (20 business days for video), except for information that may deemed private which the district reserves the right to submit for an opinion from the State Of Texas Attorney General’s Office. 


Fees comply with the Office of the Attorney General. If your request is sizable, a quote will be provided. 

You must respond to any written estimate of charges within 10 days of the date the governmental body sent it or the request is considered automatically withdrawn. If estimated costs exceed $100.00 the governmental body may require a bond, prepayment or deposit. You may ask the governmental body to determine whether providing the information primarily benefits the general public, resulting in a waiver or reduction of charges. Make a timely payment for all mutually agreed charges. A governmental body can demand payment of overdue balances exceeding $100.00, or obtain a security deposit, before processing additional requests from you.